EcoEarth.Info Environment News and Archives
news links & archives provided on these terms to help find solutions & for posterity
News Home |
| Disclaimer & Conditions for Use
A new United Nations plan to involve all nations in marshaling science to fix environmental problems ranging from toxic chemicals
to climate change will be put to the test from Monday at talks in Nairobi.
The 40-year-old UN Environment ...
Late in the afternoon on April 2, 1991, Mt. Pinatubo, a volcano on the Philippine island of Luzon, began to rumble with a series of the powerful steam explosions that typically precede an eruption. Pinatubo had been dormant for more than four ...
Fearing numerous villages may be at risk of toxic
releases as landfills erode and thawing permafrost undercuts tank farms, state environmental managers have embarked on a massive effort to address the growing potential for pollution faced by some ...
Through the past four years I’ve often suggested that China’s vaunted achievements are less impressive, or at least more complicated, seen up close. Yes, Chinese factories make nearly all of the world’s consumer electronic equipment. But the ...
An alphabet soup of toxic chemicals
may be seeping into the oceans as
through global warming.
They include Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and other industrial chemicals
which have been linked to health problems in ...
Piuartoq cracks his 20ft sealskin whip over his team of 12 semi-wild huskies
and urges them to stop. The dogs hold back, whimpering at the smell of the sea.
Ahead, cutting right through the trail leading to his family's traditional ...
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner was a British film of my youth.
Such a title makes no sense today when millions upon millions of people,
including our last two presidents, run everywhere. But a reasonable substitute
might just ...
1) FORD TARGETS GLOBAL WARMING (NY Times, ABC, MSNBC, IHT) 2) CONSUMER BOYCOTT TO 'STOP ESSO' (BBC, CNN, Observer) 3) UTILITY PLANS TO PUT LIMITS ON ITS PLANTS (NY Times, WSJ) 4) US-SEN. BYRD BLASTS BUSH ON KYOTO (Charleston Daily Mail) 5) ...
1) IPCC-WORLD DISASTERS SEEN AS GLOBAL WARMING OUTCOME (NY Times, CNN, Express India, BBC, Japan Times, MSNBC, CBC, ABC) 2) BUSH TEAM UNDER ATTACK ON EMISSIONS TALKS (NY Times) 3) EUROPE BLAMED FOR CLIMATE STALEMATE (BBC, Montreal Gazette) 4) ...
1) DELAY SOUGHT IN CLIMATE TALKS (NY Times, CNN, AFR) 2) UMBRELLA GROUP DELAYS STRATEGY SESSION (Japan Times) 3) EU, NETHERLANDS CONSIDER DELAY IN CLIMATE TALKS (ENN) 4) EU COMMISSIONER FEARS FOOT-DRAGGING (Financial Times) 5) SWEDEN SETS TOUGHER ...
1) REPORT WARNS OF DRAMATIC INCREASE IN WARMING (Washington Post, NY Times, CNN, BBC, London Times, Financial Times, Japan Times) 2) CURB IN EMISSIONS TO CUT ECONOMIC GROWTH (Japan Times, Kyodo) 3) EU, JAPAN DISCUSS NEW DECADE ...
1) U.S. REJECTS FRESH TALKS ON CLIMATE CHANGE (NY Times, CNN, BBC) 2) FINAL BID TO STOP WARMING (Independent, Financial Times, BBC) 3) OTTAWA-WARMING TALKS END WITHOUT DEAL (CNN, Washington Post) 4) CLINTON GIVES ...
1) US EMISSIONS DEAL TROUBLES EU (Financial Times) 2) EU AGREES ON TOUGH STANCE BEFORE CLIMATE CHANGE TALKS (CNN) 3) JAPAN-BILL PLANNED TO REDUCE GREENHOUSE GASES (Yomiuri Shimbun) 4) AUSTRALIA-CABINET PUTS OFF ...